So I took some time this week to carefully pack my hospital bag that I never got to pack with my first pregnancy (story for another day y’all). This time I am all about not getting caught by surprise! The bag is already in the car, so even if we need to go in for an emergency operation, I will not have to worry about where everything is…
In Kenya, I have not found a store where I could get a one-stop kit so I prepared a list and got almost everything from Amazon during the Black Friday specials. Links* for the stuff I got from Amazon are below.
I am loving the baby bag that I got from Meinkind. It’s actually a backpack, which I thought would be easier on my shoulders than the usual sling-type baby bags. I will probably be able to use this bag and THIS bag alone for the first 3 months. I have often seen twin moms carrying 2-3 bags, and I hope my life does not get to that.
- Two rompers and long-sleeve vests (Carters)
- Tommee Tippee Healthcare kit (includes thermometer)
- Huggies preemie diapers (just in case they react to the hospital diapers)
- Aveeno soothing cream
- Aveeno calming bath soap
- 2 hats, socks and mittens
- 2 warm blankets
- 2 receiving blankets (Woolworths)
- Cusson’s wet wipes
My hospital bag:
- Pumpables expressing pump (I plan to express from day 1)
- Milk bottles (in case the babies take time learning how to latch for breastfeeding)
- Water bottle
- Two open dresses
- Nursing bras
- Breast pads
- Disposable undies
- My cosmetic bag with the usual skin+face care+hygiene items
- iPhone charger and power adaptor
I am curious to know what other moms pack in their hospital bag, hopefully I have not forgotten anything! Let me know in the comments below, what your thoughts are and advice on anything else I might need while in hospital?
* This post contains affiliate links which earn me a small commission, at no extra cost to you.